Pingyao, the old town, Shanxi, China
I had not been in Pingyao even I heard about it for very long time.
Pingyao is well known in China, because it was the financial center for the whole country for the 20th century. Banks and banking system originated from Pingyao. There are many museums located in those famous and successful first businessmen' houses or banks. So it is really worthy to have a look around. But it is not easier to have all the visits just by one day.
Besides the first banks selves, the way to build banks and how they look like are interesting too. They show any visitors the path to see the past life in 1900s. It is amazing!
I have pictures on Pingyao, have a look here.

Visste inget om Pingyao så tack för ditt inlägg!
To stay
It's not difficult to find places to stay. Many guesthouses and several youth hostels give you flexible choices. They are spreading out along the main streets.
To look around
One-pass ticket for most of museums and well-known cultural heritages. It cost 120yuan for each person, but since it includes over 95% spots and it is available for 2 days, then the price is ok. But to remember to get the stamp, showing the ticket can be used for the next day, from the old town's administrators. You can see them in uniform or with the Tourist signs.
We stayed at Yamen International Youthhostel, in Pingyao old town, 5 days. Yamen has some special beds made by bricks with the hollow bodies. We call this kind of beds Kang, which are popular in the north of China. The hollow bodies are for burning woods to warm the beds. Is it brilliant?
This kind of bed is really hard. I got used to it after 2 nights.
The most exciting night was Friday night. We had a little adventure led by the boy, who works there.
There is a little round well alike at the corner in the 1st yard. I had a look before at daytime. It's about 1 meter deep without water. Nothing special.
"We go down from here!" the guide told everyone calmly, pointing at that dry well. Some ones immediately drew back, "not for me." I had nothing else to imagine since there were still five of us. One by one, we went down to the bottom of it. The guide lighted up the flash for us and the other guy brought his own flash.
However, it was still dark in the tunnel. A few more steps, we came to a room-like space.
"There are two tunnels here. Do you know where they go?" he pointed at 2 directions asking. With the faint light, I could see thing.
"Go, go, ok, stop there and look up. What do you see?" the guide was yelling at me behind. I stopped crawling, with handful mud, lifted up my head and then I saw…
You may tell me after you come back from Yamen, Pingyao.